Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Mom, Brandy yelled at me!

So, I have been asked, nay, ordered to blog more by my friend Brandy while she was visiting this past weekend. Of course, I don't have too much of interest to say. Hmmm, need to work on the self-pity a bit.

Okay, I did get to watch Brandy dye Kathleen's hair in lovely shades of black and burgundy (looks good), which may have lowered my personal fears about hair-coloring a bit, so that was good. I've always wanted to try out a new color, but I'm still wary of getting stuck with it for too long, or it never washing out, or some such silly thing. Gotta work on them phobias.

I am also working on time management. Even though I am unemployed (by choice) I seem to never get things done during the day. In order to address this, and in preparation for grad school, I've decided to examine why I have such a hard time completing or starting projects. I am reading a very good book called Time management from the inside outby Julie Morgenstern (look it up yourself, lazy bums). I bought it about 3 years ago, so you can see how good my management skills are currently. I'm working on my "big-picture goals," as the author calls them, and having fun playing with markers and my big whiteboard. So far, so good, actually. I feel more focused already! And very colorful from all the ink on my hands.

No comments: