Thursday, September 15, 2005

Too effin' awesome!

Just discovered LibraryThing today. Too cool! I can catalog my entire personal library in a nice format without having to write-up a database to do so. LibraryThing pulls it's records from the Library of Congress catalog, so it should have just about every book in it. And I can manual add the ones that aren't in LoC (if I have any). It's web-based, so I can access it from anywhere and share it with people. As for other such programs, I've heard of Delicious Library, but I don't have a Mac, so that one's out.

Now I just need to either borrow a laptop, or slowly haul all my books into my computer room and enter them in. Yay! Another project, just what I needed. But this one has a clear economic value; I can use it for insurance purposes. Nice.

No comments: