Friday, November 18, 2005

Parents (and siblings, for that matter) versus the computer

Here's an awesome article for those of us who get the inevitable "what's wrong with my computer?" question from our parents (or other technology-leery loved-ones) whenever we visit over the holidays. I'm sure I'll be referring back to this list in just a few days...

Best lines from the article:

To help your parents grok the transition from the blue E to the orange fox, rename Firefox’s desktop shortcut to something more obvious, like “Internet - Mozilla Firefox.

It should go without saying that any software whose title contains the words “bargain,” “tracker,” “snoop” or “monitor” should get removed immediately, and their authors basted for long painful hours over a very hot fire.

So true. I wonder what I'll find on the 'rents computer this year.

No comments: