Thursday, May 25, 2006

For those in Illinois

I just wanted people to know (if you could even avoid the TV ads, that is) about Illinois' new organ and tissue donor registry. I just updated me info today. All you need is your Driver's License or State ID.

According to the website:

A new law, effective Jan. 1, 2006, created a new Organ/Tissue Donor Registry making a person’s wishes to be a donor legally binding. Additional witnesses or family consent is no longer required for donation to occur.

If you are listed in the old registry, family consent is still required for donation to occur. To ensure that your decision to be an organ/tissue donor is honored, you must join the new registry!

1 comment:

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Thanks for the tip.

I went to the website and registered.  But I miss the old system how you can specify specific organs.  I had big plans for my pancreas.