Monday, July 09, 2007

Neighboors

My neighbors suck. The one family, which consists of Michael (4 or 5 years old), Mom (early 20s), Grandma (I think she lives there), and random guy, who is the squeeze of either mom or grandma. I'm not sure if he lives there or not.

Today it is thundering out, getting ready to storm. I think they've locked the kid out of the house because he has been screaming and crying to be let in for the past 10 minutes. Usually, I ignore his crying because he cries about everything and I can tell the difference between crying-because-of-injury and crying-for-attention. But since his crying now seems to have synced to the thunder, and he is screaming "I'm afraid of thunder!" and "help me!", I think this might be for real.

Okay, as I was typing this, the other people who live on the other side of the demon-spawn's duplex just came out and talked to him. They have a little boy too, but he is actually tolerable. But they've just driven off and Michael is still outside, crying.

And now I'm going over there to stick my nose in.

2 comments:

jenny bento said...

wow that's some interesting parenting.

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. They take anonymous tips.