Thursday, September 25, 2003

Appetite

So, I get home after a day of shopping, tired and stressed out and I'm all like "Ooo, what am I hungry for? I know, I want some coffee." So I make myself coffee, using milk instead of my nummy soy creamer, 'cause all I've got is vanilla and I really prefer plain, and I need to use of the milk that is two days past it's date (see previous blog). So I drink the coffee and now I'm all like, "Ooo, now what? I know, I'll have a chocolate (they go with coffee) and some chips. Oh, but chips don't go with coffee." So I finish the coffee, then I have some chips. Now it is 7:30 and I'm thinking of more substantial things. Now I'm going, "Hmm? What's for dinner?" So now I go through the fridge, and the freezer, and try to figure out some kind of more nutritious meal than chips and coffee. I decide to thaw a steak for tomorrow (bought them yesterday from a guy who came to my door and probably got ripped off, but I'm a sucker, so oh well) and continue the search. Find the last two pieces of Chicken Alfredo pizza from Papa John's (I don't recommend it, too dry) and heat them up, along with the remaining garlic dipping sauce (read: garlic powder and oil goop) and some spaghetti sauce because I really wanted red sauce on my pizza instead of what they call "alfredo." I finish the pizza (eh) and watch some more tv. A commercial for Quaker Brand oatmeal comes on, singing its praises for lowering cholesterol. Now I'm hungry for oatmeal (it happens). Then I find out that not only are there no packets of instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal (one of my favorite comfort foods) there is no plain oatmeal. I find some funky hot cereal mix and cook it up. Now I'm eating cooked cereal with brown sugar, butter, and a touch of the aforementioned vanilla soy creamer, because I used up all the milk in my coffee.

And I wonder why I gained over 100 pounds while I was married.

No comments: