Friday, January 16, 2004

Recent Accomplishments and Errata

Wow. I've been busy. In the past 5 days, I think I have done more "important" stuff than I have in over a year. Let's see...


  • Applied for graduate school. Huge props to Kathleen, who held my hand, edited my essays, and gave me a much needed kick in the butt. And many thanks go to everyone else who helped motivate me along the way. Now I only have to wait until March to see if I am accepted.

    This was hanging over my head for sooo long. Feels very good to have it done. Now I have lots of actual free time, instead of just time that I was procrastinating in. Speaking of which...

  • Applied for a really nice University library job. Not sure if I have a chance, there may be an insider who wants it. But at least I applied.

  • Just (about 3 minutes ago) applied at a temp agency. Time to earn some money instead of just spending it. I'm actually looking forward to bulking up my savings again, and not feeling guilty about buying the extra-fancy toilet paper. My sabbatical has been very good for me, though. Nice post-divorce, post-move, post-everything therapy.


Time to pull myself out of the essay-induced paper avalanche now.

And I'm off tonight for dinner with my new squeeze/boyfriend/don't-know-what-to-call-him-because-we-haven't-discussed-it-yet.

Ta!

No comments: