Monday, January 02, 2006

More curvy, less bloopy

Okay. First off, I just want to make it clear that this blog was never intended to become a weight-loss blog. But, I've been thinking (and thinking, and thinking) a lot recently and I need to share. This sharing was also prompted by a recent visit to the doctor (not my usual practitioner) for a problem with my ankle. He told me that losing weight would help, which is always annoying (and often not completely accurate) to hear, so I pointed out the following to him.

As of today, I have lost over fifty-three (yes, 53) pounds.

It was fun to watch him flip madly through my chart.

I am now considered (medically, anyway) overweight, instead of obese. That's a lot of weight (hah!) off my mind. I have quite a number of pounds to go before I'm in my so-called "healthy weight range (yeah, I'm still cynical about a lot of the medical/insurance industry's guidelines, gimme a break), but it doesn't seem so unattainable now. I haven't been dieting for the past three months, but I've been continuing to exercise (I love yoga) and my weight has been stable, so I'm taking it as a sign that I'm going to be successful in keeping the 53 pounds off.

Most of the clothes in my closet no longer fit me (they're too big!), so I finally had to go through the closet and weed heavily. I also need new underwear (they keep sliding off my ass) and I just discovered this morning that my favorite pair of jeans, which I haven't been able to wear since 2000, are now a bit baggy.

So, what are my plans now? I'm going back to Weight Watchers, but I'm going to use the "Online meetings" option. I just signed up today and am realizing that the gingerbread that I am currently baking (the house smells wonderful!) is likely going to last a loooong time, unless I want to use up all my points on it today.

I am now about the size that I was when I got married in 1997. I have lost almost all the weight that I put on while I was married and while I was getting divorced. Yay me!

That's enough for now.

3 comments:

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Congratulations, Yana, and good luck with your ongoing weight loss!

Brandy said...

ROCK ON with your bad self! Hooray for curvy!

Wild Tanuki said...

I do the online version too Yana...what if your screen name? I usually post on the 50+ to Lose Board as Pugjunkie. See you on the boards?

By the way...I think its great you decided to go back to WW. Whether or not your ankle problem is directly linked to body weight...I'm sure that losing weight won't hurt. My knees have been creaking the last few years and I'm sure that once I drop the remaining 60 or 70 lbs they'll feel better.

Anyway...good luck my WW sista.

J