Saturday, April 01, 2006

True love is only a search away

Looks like Google has finally gotten into the matchmaking game!
Google Romance
I'm uploading my standard dating profile right now!

April Fool's!

Yeah, guess who was really slow on the uptake today and clicked around for awhile? Hey, at least I have an excuse. I'm still battling this nasty cold.

Please. You *must* take the tour.

User A uploads her profile.
User B uploads several different wildly divergent profiles.
...
Note: those who generally favor the “throw enough stuff at the wall” approach to online dating might find it useful to employ our Batch Profile Uploading option.

Hee! And I love their FAQ:

6. What is Contextual Dating?
It’s a free date plus the added accrued value of the past decade’s worth of post-Industrial Age online marketing genius, all tied into a real-time, video-based, GPS-tracked, psychographically astute and environmentally pervasive promotional system.

7. Come again?
You see ads that might make your date better.

Damn, I wish Google would do something like this. It can't be any worse than the other Personals sites I've tried in the past. But maybe that's the cold talking.

No comments: